FuzU - Muff-inspired hi-gain distortion
The FuzU is our take on the venerable Muff circuit. We took two Muffs from different eras and made them work together. We also widen the gain range, added an independent MIDS controls for versatility, and rounded everything off with our special MOSFETs to give it ZenZero's signature crunch.
Available now on Reverb.com for 185$ + shipping
The FuzU is our take on the venerable Muff circuit. We took two Muffs from different era and, instead of choosing one, we put them together inside this pedal in such a way that they can happily join forces and create a more complex sound. We then added a MIDS control to make it versatile, and finished everything off with our MOSFET input and output stages to round up the sound into the signature ZenZero’s crunch. If you want harshness, look the other way: this fuzz is as high gain as it is smooth.
- Ideal to build a wall of sound and fill the sonic landscape of your song. From post-grunge to blackgaze, the FuzU will cover all your needs of harmonic enchantment and destruction.
- As much as we tweaked it, this is still a traditional Muff at heart. All the components are there, including a TONE control that acts just like the slant EQ of the original: from dark and muffled, all the way up to bright and tinny, covering everything in between.
- Unlike the original though, you will be happy to use this as a straightforward distortion: thanks to the MOSFET amplification stages, and to the independent MIDS control, you can lower the GAIN, raise the VOLUME and push the MIDS to find yourself in classic rock ‘n roll territory.
The FuzU is hand-built in Tokyo using only top of the line components. All old-school through-hole technology, including lots of vertical resistors, inside a hand-polished aluminum enclosure decorated with extremely durable silk-screen printing.
- Handmade in Tokyo, Japan by an Italian guy.
- Use only quality components with strict tolerances. I source locally whenever possible, but I’m happy to use proven international top of the line components whenever needed.
- True bypass by way of a 3PDT switch.
- Original design, with MOSFET rounding up a traditional Muff-inspired distortion, just doubled.
- Controls: GAIN (distortion) / VOLUME (overall volume) / MIDS (independent mid-frequency eq) / TONE (slant EQ)
- Power: 9V standard negative center power supply ONLY. No battery connection available inside.
- ECO: when active it consumes under 10mA of current!
- Dimensions: 118(D) × 75(W) × 49(H) mm
- Weight: 275g
- Download the manual in PDF